Tel: +44 (0)115 987 3777
Want to visit us:
Replication or Duplication?
The decision on whether to use replication or duplication is not always straight forward. It will depend on the turnaround time required, the content of the disc, and your artwork. Our staff will be more than happy to discuss your project and advise as necessary. Here are the basics:
- Suited to larger volumes (500 units to millions)
- Superb finish
- Extremely accurate print
- Turnaround typically longer than duplication process
- Creates disc from raw data
- A 'glass master' is made which creates a 'stamper' (this is called 'mastering')
- Stamper moulds data on to blank media
- Suited for smaller volumes (1,000 units or less)
- Quality of print can be superb, but depends on artwork (we'll advise)
- Shorter turnaround time, VERY short turnaround is available at extra cost
- Your content is burned onto CDR or DVDR discs
- CDR/DVDR discs are then inkjet printed
- Duplication is normally performed on our own equipment at our premises
Where the volume of discs is between 500 and 1,000, the decision on whether to use replication or duplication is not always straight forward. It will depend on the turnaround time required, the content of the disc, and your artwork. Our staff will advise you of the best solution.
At Media Hut we offer a specialist disc printing service that ensures the look of your discs matches the quality of your content.
We believe that you shouldn't go to all the trouble, effort and expense to design and produce the perfect product if the print is not up to standard. Therefore we put all our energy and expertise into getting that perfect print you seek and deserve.
Here's a breakdown of the types of disc print we offer:
- Ideal for low budgets
- High quality
- Suitable for most artwork (although if your artwork is very detailed, maybe consider our other options, we can advise).
- High gloss look finish
- Hard wearing
- Brilliant finish
- Lifts artwork, makes it really stand out
Litho print finish:
- Most common format
- Suited to artwork that has a large photographic or block tone image
- Excellent, professional finish
Screen print finish:
- The 'Rolls Royce' of finishes
- Suited to higher budgets
- Suited to both complex and subtle artworks
- Versatile - matt or high sheen, metallic or striking colours
The type of artwork you have can sometimes steer you towards a particular printing process. Our friendly and knowledgeable team can help choose the best printing finish for your individual project, just give us a call and we can guide you in the right direction.
Download detailed artwork guidelines